Sunday, March 23, 2008

Scripted

1. Pick 20 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them here for everyone to guess.
4. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
5. NO GOOGLING/using IMDb search/other search functions/looking at my profile or whatever to see what my favorite movies are.

1. I can't believe you deceived Miss Miller for a package of Tutti Frutti, Theodore.

2. So that was Mrs. Lundegaard on the floor in there. And I guess that was your accomplice in the wood chipper. And those three people in Brainerd. And for what? For a little bit of money. There's more to life than a little money, you know. Don't you know that? And here ya are, and it's a beautiful day. Well, I just don't understand it.

3. I thought Tristan would never live to be an old man. I was wrong about that. I was wrong about many things. It was those who loved him the most that died young. He was a rock they broke themselves against however much he tried to protect them.

4. Dear Baby:
I hope someday somebody wants to hold you for 20 minutes straight and that's all they do. They don't pull away. They don't look at your face. They don't try to kiss you. All they do is wrap you up in their arms and hold on tight, without an ounce of selfishness in it.

5. I let you keep the femur, but now, now I want my skull. Or perhaps, I might just take yours. Hans!

6. And there is the account of the hanging of three men, and a scuba diver, and a suicide. There are stories of coincidence and chance, of intersections and strange things told, and which is which and who only knows? And we generally say, "Well, if that was in a movie, I wouldn't believe it." Someone's so-and-so met someone else's so-and-so and so on. And it is in the humble opinion of this narrator that strange things happen all the time. And so it goes, and so it goes. And the book says, "We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us."

7. Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

8. You know what I like about Restaurants? … You can learn a lot, watching things eat.

9. I'd like to dedicate this to my grandpa, who showed me these moves.

10. You were just a little girl in a flannel night gown. And you were shovelling snow from the walk in front of our house. And I was the snow, I was the snow. And everywhere it landed and everywhere it covered. You scoop me up with a big red shovel. You scoop me up.

11. A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke don't want one bad enough.

12. I try and shoot one a day, if possible, before noon. How 'bout you, Coop? I figure it's their fault for being on our land before we got here.

13. This was my son. Notice how I said was? That's because he's dead. Relegated to the past tense. Went from an is to a was before he had his breakfast.

14. I brought you flours.

15. The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that ... he is gone.

16. Your own father said that artists use lies to tell the truth. Yes, I created a lie. But because you believed it, you found something true about yourself.

17. “Your fans are church folk …. Christians. They don't wanna hear you singing to a bunch of murderers and rapists, tryin' to cheer 'em up.”
“Well, they’re not Christian, then.”

18. I loved Sarah, Charles. It was mine, that love. I owned it. Even Sarah didn't have the right to take it away. I can love whoever I want.

19. This isn't a conversation about this being over. I'm not like, putting a period at the end of this. I'm putting like ... an ellipsis on it.

20. Are you the kind of person that takes time to get to know, and then once you get to know them ... they're fabulous?

5 comments:

M&Co. said...

1. Leave it to Beaver.
2. Fargo
3. Brideshead Revisited
4. Leaving Las Vegas
5.
6.
7. Jerry McGuire
8. Men In Black
9. Little Miss Sun Shine.
10.
11. Lonesome Dove
12.
13. Flower for Algernon.
14.
15.
16.
17. I walk the line.
18.
19. Jersey Girl.
20.

M&Co

Anonymous said...

#14 - Stranger than Fiction

#15 is driving me crazy because I know I've seen the movie, but without cheating I can't think of what it is.

Chantay said...

6. Magnolia

10. The Family Stone (This is one of your top 20? Now I feel like I should have liked it more, perhaps.)

15. The Usual Suspects (I <3 Kevin Spacey.)

16. V for Vendetta ( A for Awesome! Sorry, couldn't stop myself.)

20. Shopgirl (This movie made me feel like it was made for me alone the first time I watched it. I love that feeling.)

I didn't know you were posting often again. I was too reliant on the bookmarks and folders of my previous laptop and now I'm missing out.

Anonymous said...

#3 Legends of the Fall..

Ok, I didn't know you liked The Family Stone - I love that movie.

Unknown said...

7. Fight Club.
9. Little Miss Sunshine.
19. Garden State.