Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Long live holidays

Anyone who knows Kyle and me – either individually or as a couple – also knows that we’re competitive. Now we have this record to break.

It means that I’m going to have to live till I’m at least 108, and Kyle will have to hang in there till he’s at least 107. Can we do it? I think so.

This weekend is going to be fabulous, by the way. My parents are coming to the LR metro area on Thursday, and then my brother-in-law and sister-in-law are (planning on) coming Friday! And then Easter on Sunday! I love Easter. Anyone have any special Easter customs to share? Since this will be my first married Easter, I want it to be more special than usual. : )

EDIT: What am I talking about? It's my second married Easter ... It's been a long week already.

5 comments:

Esther said...

bwahaha! love it! I think you two can do it. Hang in there! ;)

Yay for your first Easter!

Devi said...

Did your brother get married? To whom?

M&Co. said...

It's a little late now, but when the GirlChild was little, I took an easter basket, put about an inch of potting soil in the bottom and planted rye grass. Then I filled it with eggs and candy and gifts. When easter was over, we tossed it.

Anonymous said...

apparently your first easter was not so eventful or memorable.
I don't really have any good customs anyway.

meredith. said...

I am glad you are back! My mom hid our easter baskets and we had to find them, but think a lot of parents did that...also, no advice on mustering up empathy. I also have not forgotten that I am going to call you. And since I haven't, I am really enjoying reading tid bits of your life here.