Friday, September 08, 2006

One crazy, two crazy, too crazy?

A couple days ago I saw KBC take the papasan-chair bowl off the papasan stand, put it over his head and then lie on the ground. Like ... a turtle. But his head was inside the shell. "Flush! Flush!" he yelled, from deep within his cave.

(Insert proverbial arm-pinch here.)

Flush then circled the turtle, jumped over the turtle, banged his wagging tail against the wall and finally gophered his way inside the shell to "find" his owner, who, yes, is still bellowing.

At this point, I was ... dumbstruck. I was struck by dumbness. It's like ... I already have a maniacal dog. I had tried to tell myself that Kyle wasn't bonkers, but then he got inside a papasan chair to hide from a dog. You can't really argue with that. Trust me, I tried. So, do I stay or do I go now [to the loony bin]?

"Was that funny?"
"Oh yes, it was funny."
"Like, really funny, watching Flush try to get me?"
"Yes, really funny."
"Oh man, I wish I could've seen it," Kyle said, looking really eager.

Thirty seconds later: A more feminine but no less absurd and a bit muffled "Flush! Flush! Come here little fella!"

No, it wasn't me. It was Amy-Lou.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a really good idea. He's not crazy. I bet it was hilarious.

Elise said...

Anonymous sounds suspiciously like he might be Kyle.

That aside, ha! That little experiment sounds like a throw-back to when Cody and Clint wouldn't play with poor little Kyle and he would have to make up entire baseball teams of friends for himself.
I would venture to guess that there was many a time when Kyle did something amusing and wished that he (or anyone, really) would have been able to see it.

Glad he's found someone to help fill the void :)