Friday, June 06, 2008

Dairy Divine

The day we confirmed the pregnancy via doctor (Kyle wouldn’t believe it till then), we went to Chick-fil-A. (This is when I could eat anything. Oh the naivete of a 4-week-pregnancy!)

Kyle ordered himself a “celebratory ice-cream cone.” I questioned, “Celebratory?”

“Sure. Might as well be.”

And this is one reason I love my husband.

While I cope by utilizing good-natured sarcasm (see last post for reference), he just copes, and moves on gracefully. He’s helped me to realize that, while God is undoubtedly laughing, he’s doing so pleasantly because he knows that he’s given us a gift beyond any other gift. I know he’s right (“he” being God and Kyle), and I’m ready to care for Little One with all my heart. And hopefully along the way I’ll begin feeling maternal. Because right now? Not so much.

4 comments:

Robin said...

congrats on the pregnancy! you are going to have a ridiculously athletic child! yeah!

Jennifer said...

hey it is Jenn Carlile...congrats on the pregnancy. Sorry to hear you aren't feeling so well. Hope it all passes soon!

meredith. said...

i think it's just utterly fantastic, really. it will be fun to see when that maternal instinct kicks in. for everyone, I think!

Jen said...

Are your parents beside themselves?!?